Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Wednesday, 4/8


What am I going to do about the tea?

When we went to Germany last year I brought back a lot of tea. To me, at least, Germany is to tea what France & Belgium are to chocolate. The flavor combinations are amazing, and the sheer variety available boggles the mind. Since I've done this a few times I have a system perfectly worked out. I'd drink the tea I brought back home sparingly, so that it would last until the next time I got to replenish my stock straight from the source.

And then the Coronavirus went and canceled the chance to replenish my stock. I mean, the Coronavirus went and canceled our trip.

Bummer.

Breakfast buffets in Germany (and all of Europe, for that matter) are amazing, if only because they introduce you to the strangest (and yummiest) tea flavors in the world. That Fennel/Anise/Caraway Seed tea that I'm so fond of? Discovered at a breakfast buffet. The same with Vanilla/Honey/Sage and all the other ones I like so much. So when I'm there I grab a couple bags of each new flavor, and then enjoy them when I'm back home. If I'm lucky, I'll then get to buy a box or three the next time I'm back.

Now, though, the bag of teas liberated from breakfast buffets last year is almost empty. I'd timed it out perfectly, so I'd run out right before we went back to Leipzig at the end of April. Only now, we're not going back at the end of April. So here's my (first world) dilemma—do I keep drinking the teas I still have, only to run out in a few weeks? Or do I ration the three bags I have left until I know I'll be able to get some more? I enjoy drinking them, so I don't know that I want to wait. On the other hand, the teas are a year old now (I picked them up at the end of April 2019). If I ration them out over the next however many months, will the start to lose a little of their tea luster?

Once I drink them, they're gone. But if I don't drink them, I have no idea if they'll be drinkable in the future.

See what the Coronavirus did??

Of course, if this is the biggest problem I have coming out of those whole period of insanity, I'm one lucky person. Drinking teas should be the least of anyone's worries.

So I'll shut up about it now.

8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment