Thursday, April 9, 2020

Thursday, 4/9


Nature doesn't care if we're stuck inside. Nature does what nature does.

This was pointed out to me twice while running this morning. Things have been so wacky recently that the fact Spring is around the corner seems to have escaped us (or at least escaped me). That's why I was a little surprised when I saw this--



Being a big fan of warmer weather, you'd think I'd realize that Spring has almost sprung. But like I said, things are weird these days. We don't always notice what's really important in life, like flowers popping through the ground for the first time all year.

Oops.

The other occurred while running through the cemetery. There, I was greeted by two deer standing in a road way, both of them with a look of “what are you and why are you here”? I've seen deer while running through there before, but never two at once and never any with a look of, well, superiority, like they should be there and I shouldn't. Maybe it's not a surprise, though, as all around the world, as people stay indoors, animals venture into places they don't normally venture. From deer in Park Cemetery to coyotes in downtown Ironwood to goats in the streets of a town in Wales, nature abhors a vacuum. If we're not there to run roughshod over a landscape, the rest of the animal kingdom gets their shot.

Interesting, if nothing else.

So make sure you're getting out, getting some exercise, and enjoying the fresh air, like you're supposed to. Just don't be surprised by what you see, because these days it's all changing quite rapidly.


No comments:

Post a Comment