Thursday, April 23, 2020

Thursday, 4/24


I wonder what the final episode of my “show” will be?

As some of you may know, I've been putting together a bunch of short videos for social media about the history of Marquette. Inspired by singers who've been performing at home, and since I can't sing but I do seem to have some strange talent for telling stories, I've been doing four or five of them a week on all kinds of subjects And I've been trying to come up with a subject that might be fitting for the final one, the last one I do once things are back to “normal”.

I just haven't figured it WHAT it'll be yet.

I know that creators and writers of TV shows obsess over how their series gets wrapped up. For every successful finale, like “Newhart” and its dream sequence, there's a finale like that of “Seinfeld” that kind of just leaves a bitter taste in everyone's mouth. Now, what I've been doing is absolutely nothing like those shows, but when I do wrap them all up I'd like to do so in an apt way, so people look back and remember the videos fondly.

We'll see.

I know I've posted a couple of them on here before, and now most of them are available for those of you who aren't on Facebook. You can check out the first 21 of them on the History Center's website. Go ahead and binge watch them. Maybe you can come up with an idea for the perfect final episode.

Oh, and while you're there, if you wanna show the History Center some love, too? I don't think any of us would complain too much.

8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment