Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thursday, 4/2


Running through the streets of downtown Marquette these days is downright eerie.

Even though the state of Michigan is under shutdown, one of the things you're still supposed to do is get outside to exercise. The Governor's recommending it, the city's keeping all the parks and bike paths open, and you're supposed to get out, get some fresh air, and stay healthy.

So I'm just basically doing what I usually do.

However, when I'm out in the morning it's a very bizarre sight. Instead of cars driving around and people rushing about, I'm greeted by this--



Instead of being amongst dozens if not hundreds of people while out for a run, I'm often the only one around. It's kind of like I'm Will Smith in “I Am Legend”” except, of course, I'm not an actor, I'm not in New York and there aren't a bunch of human-killing zombies around. But those early scenes in the movie, where he walks around the streets of an empty city?

That's kinda, sorta how I feel running these days. While it certainly is unique, I'm looking forward to the days when I have to run around people and dodge drivers who don't look both ways before they pull into an intersections.

I never thought I'd say that, but that's where we are these days!


No comments:

Post a Comment