Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Wednesday, 4/29


This is where I was supposed to be today.



I know; there's nothing I can do about it. And if there's any consolation to take out of this whole thing, I guess it MIGHT be the fact that instead of it being sunny & 80 today in Berlin, like it was when I took this picture last year, it's only, uhm, 60 & sunny today.

Okay. That's not much consolation.

As I have said many times the past couple of months, the fact that our trip was cancelled falls waaaaaaay down on the list of things to complain about during the pandemic. And while I am very disappointed, I'm not complaining about it. It is what it is. And it's with that same attitude that I took note of the fact that yesterday the country of France shut down things like large gatherings until September 1st of this year.

September 1st, of course, being the day before we're supposed to fly over there.

I'm not an expert in these things, but it wouldn't surprise me if that trip had the kibosh put on it, as well. I mean, we held out hope about Germany until the airline pulled all of its flights and the Bundesliga axed games a few weeks ago, and we'll be doing the same with the trip to France. But as we've learned recently things like bans on large gatherings usually presages other types of bans. As it is, they pushed back the Tour de France until the end of August, a few days before we get there.

If that gets cancelled or pushed back in the next few weeks we'll have a pretty good idea about our plans, too.

Like I said, it is what it is. There's absolutely nothing I can do about it. And if it's the biggest problem I face during this whole crisis, then I'm one of the luckiest people on the planet. I'll just keep working ahead, and if all that work plays off and we get to go, cool. And if we don't?

Well, I can always take a week or two off during the summer and enjoy the warmth in Marquette. Assuming, of course, it ever gets warm around here. With the way that 2020's been treating us, I'm not holding out too much hope.

8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment