Monday, April 13, 2020

Monday, 4/13


These days, I write a LOT.

I write blogs. I write newscasts. I write announcer copy. I write commercials. I write instructions to people. I write those history video pieces I do. And this weekend, I even wrote another newspaper article.

I really DO write a bunch.

I'm not complaining; after all, I wouldn't mind being a writer when I grow up. But the sheer amount of it these days has kind of taken me by surprise. And my reaction to it was kind of surprising, as well. You'd think that spending hours a day writing blogs and news and scripts and newspaper article would make me throw up my hands in disgust. But nope.

When I'm done with one thing, I'm wondering what the next will be.

It's weird. It's like I'm on some kind of crying jag, where once I start I can't stop. Except in this case I'm not shedding tears, I'm typing. I really can't explain how or why it's happening. It just is. It's kind of cool, too. I just keep pumping things out and pumping things out and pumping things out.

I'm just hoping it continues. I'm just hoping I won't one day, in the middle of writing bad jokes about bars in Marquette, suddenly hit a wall and realize that I'll never be able to looking at a keyboard again without having some kind of violent reaction to it.

That wouldn't be very cool.

So for now, I keep writing. Maybe, one day, I'll look back on everything I've been churning out and be amazed. Today, though, I'm just accepting it as part of the new normal.

****

Speaking of writing bad jokes about bars...





No comments:

Post a Comment