Friday, April 10, 2020

Friday, 4/10


It's been three weeks. I'm starting to wonder if I ever wanna go back to the way it was.

As you may recall, I am working alone these days. In a station complex designed to house a bunch of people, I am the only one. I wasn't quite sure how I would like it, but as I wrote a couple of weeks ago I AM getting a lot of work done, not being interrupted by my coworkers. Of course, I'm still running into the problem of not talking to anyone for the few hours before I go on the air, which can (on occasion) make me sound like I just woke up when I turn the mic on, but I guess you take the good with the bad, right?

I'm actually spreading out when I'm here alone. I'll use different studios and different computers to do stuff, just to make sure that they're still getting used and just to make sure that I don't go stir-crazy sitting alone in my office. After all, some day (although apparently not until at least the end of the month, according to Governor Whitmer) I WILL have co-workers again, and their equipment will need to be in tip-top shape.

That's why I'm spreading out.

However, I do have to admit I am enjoying my solitude. I am enjoying being the, well, lord of my domain. I can turn the music up as loud as I want, or I can work in total silence. Even when I walk down empty hallways, I'm (jokingly) thinking that I rule all that I see. It's all mine.

Okay. Maybe I DO need a little company on occasion.

But, for the foreseeable future, I'm not going to have any company. I'll have a whole studio complex to myself, and I will still be the singular lord of everything I see. I guess I should just enjoy it while I have it.

On that note, have a great weekend. Thankfully, the Easter Bunny has been declared an essential employee, so I hope you find a treat or two, as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment