Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday, 4/15


Well, we'll see how it all works.

As you know, I'm the only one at the station these days. For a while, I was the only one on the air at the station, as well. But now, we've gotten enough remote equipment together that both Jen & Tanner can start broadcasting from home, which means that I get a little bit of a break from doing all the work around here.

Now, it'll just be down to around 90% or so.

Actually, I kid. These are strange times, and they demand unique solutions to the difficulties we're all facing. That's why I'm happy my co-workers are back on the air, even if it's just from a couple of blocks away. Mostly, I'm happy for the listeners, who will now have something OTHER than my whiny voice coming out of their radios.

It's actually amazing that we're able to do this. If this whole outbreak had occurred 10 or 12 years ago, I don't think the technology would've existed for us to broadcast on a daily basis from three different locations. Or if it didn't it wouldn't have been quite as easy as it seems to be. But thanks to the internet and smart phones and VPN networking, here we are—three people doing three different shows from three different locations.

Maybe Dickens was on to something when he said “it was the best of time, it was the worst of times”.

So if you've missed “The Jen Show” or “The Sportspen” on ESPN UP, they're back starting today. Feel free to listen to your hearts content. Oh, and I'll be on as usual, as well, just in case you're not too sick of me.

Because we know you are.

8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment