Monday, April 6, 2020

Monday, 4/6


What part of “Stay Home, Stay Safe” do some people not understand?

I spent part of my weekend watching large groups of people congregate on bike paths and downtown sidewalks. I made a quick run to a grocery store for supplies, and was met by families with kids running up & down aisles. I basically saw a bunch of people NOT social distancing.

They DO want all this to go away sometime soon, right?

Therefore, I'm not surprised parks are now closed in Marquette and Negaunee.  It also makes me think of something my sister, who runs one of the grocery stores around Marquette, wrote a couple of days ago--

“So many people continue to make multiple trips to the grocery store for just a few items. PLEASE STOP! Especially if it’s only for chips and dips! Come on you people, shop smarter than that. We have always appreciated your business and always will when this is all over. but please think of those who work there and need to stay healthy so we can continue to stay open. Sorry for the rant, it’s just so frustrating when people don’t take this serious ? we are doing our part to make the store safe and clean, please do your part.”

I know it's hard to stay inside and do nothing. I know it's even harder if you have kids running around under foot. But Mel's right. People need to stay home unless absolutely needed. I can't for the life of me imagine what it's like for store workers who have to come into fairly close contact with people. I mean, I'm lucky—I work alone. It's just me around here these days. I don't have to deal with people, at least in person.

But those who work in stores that are still open? I can't imagine what it's like for them.

So please, go back and read what my sister wrote. And then think about that the next time you decide you want to take a little road trip, during these days when you're supposed to be keeping everyone healthy by staying home.


No comments:

Post a Comment