Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Tuesday, 4/7


It's nice to know that this crisis is bringing out the good in people.

I give you two examples, the first being one of the windows at the station, usually filled with posters for upcoming events. Now (because there aren't any events upcoming for the foreseeable future) it looks like this--



I had mentioned to my brother that if his kids wanted to put together a few hearts (as part of the “Hearts for Hope” project) that I'd throw them in the empty window. Well, they put together more than a few, which means that our windows are now good to go. They even threw in one with a special message--



Their “Auntie” Courtney is a nurse in South Carolina, and, if I had to guess, the message isn't just for her but for everyone who's on the front lines of this battle.

So thanks, Abel & Calum (& Tiffanie, too)!

Secondly, I received a piece of mail from a listener yesterday. This person had won one of our contests recently, and was sending me back the prize they were given. Why, you ask? Well, I answer, because they wanted me to donate it to a local food bank. They didn't necessarily need it, but they were sure that someone would, so they wanted to make sure that that someone would put it to good use.

I was stunned when I opened the envelope and read the note. Sure, it was “stunned” in a good way, but stunned nonetheless.

So thanks, Briton from Gladstone. You have once again proven that the best people on the planet live right here in the U.P.!



No comments:

Post a Comment