Friday, April 17, 2020

Friday, 4/17


What? You can't look good for the end of the world?

As you well know, I'm working alone these days. And like many people who are working alone or working from home, you wouldn't think it matters what I wear. And most days, it doesn't. Most days, I'm here in my usual wardrobe of jeans and some kind of shirt, something I wear almost every single working day of the year. However, during “normal” times, I will also wear a jacket & tie one day a week, either because I'm doing TV or because I wanna remind myself that I can.

I'm still doing it while I'm working alone. I just didn't realize I'd get people asking me “why”?

No, seriously. I've had co-workers who had to pop in to get something or people I've socially distanced from across the street wonder why I'm getting dress up when I don't have to. They seem...perplexed that I don't come to work wearing my pajamas. Why, they wonder, am I getting dressed up when I'm the only one who sees it?

Because I want to.

I realize it's probably a stupid thing, but I'm trying to keep things as normal as possible during these very abnormal times. I work out like I usually do, I work as I usually do, and aside from the fact that most of my favorite restaurants I closed I eat as I normally do. So if I normally wear a jacket & tie one day week, why shouldn't I do that, too? I get what those other people are saying; I don't need to do it. I just want to.

If that makes me a freak, so be it.

So if you happen to see me from a socially-safe distance sometime in the next few weeks, and you noticed like I'm overdressed for a world that doesn't require it, don't think I've gone off the deep end or anything.

It's just me being me.

On that note, have yourself a great (at home) weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment