Thursday, April 30, 2020

Thursday, 4/30


Wait. It's the end of April already?

I have no idea how that happened. Last time I checked it was mid-March and all kinds of strange things start to happen. Then I wake up one morning and a month and a half has passed.

How the heck did THAT happen?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised; aside from all the wackiness going on in the world it really wasn't like “April” around here. We had a tremendously warm & dry February and March. April, however, will probably end up being several degrees below normal, while our biggest snow dump this calendar year happened during the month, as well.

So that's probably one reason why it doesn't seem like we're finishing “April”.

The other is related. If you look at the first 20 years of this century (2000-2019), 17 of those years had at least one April day where the temperature was above 70. Heck; six of those years had temperatures over 80. But at least here in Marquette, in “April” of 2020, we didn't even have a day where the high was over 60. We did for two days in March, but “April”?

Nope.

Even when the world is normal (or what passes for “normal”) I guess that I use the weather as a guide through the month. But this year, when the world is anything BUT normal and our weather has joined in, I guess that's caused a bit of disorientation on my part. Sure, the calendar says it's the end of “April”, but not much else does, at least around here. So if I seem a little...disbelieving about that fact, please forgive me.

It's just been one of those years.

(jim@wmqt.com), who's hoping May doesn't become “May”)

No comments:

Post a Comment