Thursday, August 15, 2024

Thursday, 8/15

I've been so insanely busy that I keep forgetting about the trip.

It's not a big trip or anything; Loraine and I aren't going back to Europe unexpectedly or anything. But looking at my big wall calendar (to write a few more things down on it) reminded me that a month from today we'll be getting back from Chicago.

Assuming, of course, I eventually remember that we're going to Chicago next month.

We usually head to Chicago once a year, and this year's trip is a little different. Last winter, my favorite RB Leipzig player, Emil Forsberg, signed to play with the New York Red Bulls in the US. Well, New York is playing in Chicago on September 14th, so we got tickets for the match and made our annual voyage to Chicago a soccer voyage, as well.

But then the news broke.

Forsberg, when he left for New York, apparently didn't take his wife & kids with him, instead preferring to hang out with a model he met somewhere along the way. He didn't tell his wife & kids, leaving them in Sweden, and the whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth, meaning he's no longer my favorite player and leading to both me & Loraine to start referring to him as “The Douchebag”.

Which he really seems to have become.

But we're still going to Chicago that weekend, and we still have tickets for the match. Who will we cheer for? I have no idea; I know we couldn't in good conscience cheer for the Douchebag, but he's hurt at the moment, and we don't know if he'll be back in time or not. So whether we cheer for New York because they're a little brother to RB Leipzig or we cheer for Chicago just because the Douchebag doesn't play for them...

Well, we'll have to see. Of course, first of all I'll have to remember that we're going there, but after that, we'll have to see.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment