Friday, August 9, 2024

Friday, 8/9

What are you gonna do this weekend?

It's one of those weekends where there is just a TON of things going on around here, and sometimes it's hard to choose what to do. I know where I'll be, if only because it's (I think) the 17th year I've been involved in this particular event--

Ore to Shore.

The race has grown to become one of the biggest mountain bike races in the country, and certainly one of the biggest events of the year in Marquette, and I think one reason for that is the mass starts of the races. Seriously; I'll be announcing the start of the Soft Rock race at Lakeview School in Negaunee, and I HIGHLY recommend it. After all, when do you get to see over 1,000 bike riders in a mass race start? There are so many riders, in fact, that it takes about five minutes for all of them to ride past. It's an amazing moment, and one that I think everyone in Marquette County should experience at least once in their life. What you see on TV or from still pictures just doesn't do the whole thing justice.

You really need to see it for yourself.

So I hope that's one of the things you're planning on doing this weekend. In fact, to do a little prep work for it, I have to cut this a little short this morning, so I hope you don't mind. No matter what you do, though, have a great weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment