Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Tuesday, 9/3

It's only one hour, but it's always weird.

First of all, hope you had a great holiday weekend. I did, and took advantage of all the gorgeous late-summer weather we had (especially Saturday and Monday). As I discussed last week I'm not yet ready for summer to be over, so I was outside every single second I could be.

And, of course, I dressed for it. The past few months shorts have become my standard go-to, and that's why it's always weird the one hour a week that I DO have to wear long pants, which I had to again yesterday, even though I wasn't working my radio gig.

I had to put pants on for an hour this weekend to go on TV and do "Life on the 906".

Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean that TV news gets to take the day off, so around 530 yesterday afternoon I had to throw on both pants and a jacket and walk the four long blocks to TV-19 where, after complaining about having to put pants on, I did a bit about "906 Day", then went home and promptly took my pants back off.

Where, just between you & me, said pants may stay until NEXT Monday night.

One of the joys of working in radio is that it really doesn't matter HOW you look, a factor I've taken quite the advantage of over the years. Yet since starting both my TV gigs I do realize that shorts aren't appropriate in every situation, and I've learned to live with that. That doesn't mean I haven't jokingly complained about it, like I did to my TV colleagues Monday night. They felt my pain; in fact, one of them even opined that I should change my usual sign-off to something like "I'm Jim Koski, going home to take off my pants, and that's another slice of 'Life in the 906'".

That would work, right?

8-)

Sadly, we'll soon be to that time of the year when I won't have this particular matter to complain about, as it'll be so cold that even I will have to wear pants every single day. But when you have a stretch of weather as nice as the one we had this past weekend, it sure takes a lot of willpower to put on a pair of pants.

Even if it's just for an hour.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment