Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Wednesday, 9/18

And now, the rest of the pictures.

Yesterday I shared some pictures I took in Chicago with my phone camera. Last night, much to my surprise, I actually got around to looking at the shots I took with the bigger real camera I brought.  I have to say I was pleased with how a lot of them turned out. I mean, much like Marquette, you really can't take a bad picture in Chicago, something that's readily apparently when you spend a lot of time in Grant Park--



Or at Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park--



Or on any of the myriad of walking/biking trails through Grant Park--



Or even if you catch a dude sleeping by one of the statues in Grant Park--



Before we leave Grant Park, by the way, let's head back to Buckingham Fountain for the obligatory picture of tourists taking pictures of themselves--



I know; I shouldn't make fun of tourists being tourists. But it's so easy!!

8-)

What else is picturesque? Well, certainly the entire skyline, a shot that's very hard to get unless you're in a certain place--



That, by the way, was captured from the Adler Planetarium, where crowds go to enjoy a hot summer day--



And birds spend time pooping on the head of Nicholas Copernicus--



From there, you can also see just how much money Chicagoans spend on their boats--



Something that, thankfully, you won't see a few miles away from the beach in the Wicker Park neighborhood.



We spent a lot of time on the L Train visiting (or revisiting) parts of the city to where we hadn't been in a while, and that was a lot of fun (and, in some cases, quite yummy, as well). Also, despite popular perception and the ranting of politicians, Chicago's a very safe place to be, even at night, which allows you to go out and take pictures like this--



In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month they had a big Mexican food festival over the weekend at Grant Park, plus it was also Hispanic Appreciation Night at the soccer match we went to. And yes, I know I promised I would write about that, but since I had these pictures to share, you now get to look forward to that tomorrow.

So until then...

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment