Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Tuesday, 9/17

Okay. I have some pictures, but not all of them, if that makes any sense.

Yesterday I promised I would get around to going through some of the pictures I took during our little getaway to Chicago, and I kinda sorta did. By that I mean I took the pictures off of my phone, while all the shots from the bigger camera I brought are still sitting in said camera, waiting for get removed.

What can I say? Mondays are always busy, especially Mondays after I've been gone for four days.

Nonetheless, I do think that my phone pictures do capture the spirit of our little getaway, especially if you consider that spirit to be eating Greek food--



Picking up a croissant filled with (yum) brownie batter & cookie dough at a farmer's market--



And finding a cheese that you would not expect finding in Chicago at a grocery store--



We did get lucky at most grocery stores we went into, although the selection of European chocolate wasn't as good this time around at the Korean grocery store we went to.  It is, however, a cool place to take pictures--



Elsewhere, I have to ask--does the Chicago Department of Public Works know something about the weather that we don't?--



Does every tourist who visits Chicago have to take a picture of themselves reflected in the Bean?




(Full disclosure,...yes)--



And finally, if you ever wondered what Soldier Field looks like before a soccer match, this is what Soldier Field looks like before a soccer match--



More on that experience tomorrow. And, if I get to them, maybe the pictures off of the real camera I brought, as well.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment