Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wednesday, 8/26

 Because 2020's been so insane, and because I've had a documentary and purple hair to obsess about, I've realized that I haven't really been out a lot this summer with a camera, just wandering around and taking pictures of things I see.

That changed this past weekend.

For some strange reason, as I was out walking around with a camera I started noticing the geometry of buildings around downtown Marquette, a rather ironic thing seeing as how I suck at geometry. However, that led me to take a series of pictures I call, with great imagination, “Angles”--







I don't know why I ended up taking so many pictures like that; I guess the juxtaposition of one wall against the other just spoke to me, in whatever strange language it is I speak when I have a camera in my hand.

I've also taken a turdload of pictures of the Savings Bank Building over the past two decades. Yet this weekend, I took it from a slight different angle and with a slightly different lens. That way, at least to me, it becomes a whole new building--


And finally, it's nice to see that people follow the rules around here.



I really need to get out with my camera more. And now that “Third Street” is done and the purple had faded (way too early) from my hair, I just may have to.

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment