Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Tuesday, 8/4


Slowly but surely it's all coming together.

Over the past month and a half I've been talking about the “Third Street: Day & Night” documentary I'm putting together for the Marquette Regional History Center. It's in place of a walking tour on which the Covid-19 pandemic put the kibosh, and it started as what I assumed would be a simple way to present the information I'd gathered and help make the History Center a little money.

But you know what they say about assuming things, right?

I'm still waiting on drone footage and a little music. But I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Almost all of the footage has been edited together into segments, and once I get the music & the drone stuff I can stick all those segments together into a big, one hour (one hour!) extravaganza.

I'm, like, 85 percent of the way there. I'm just waiting on other people now to give me the stuff I need to finish it.

I don't have a definitive date yet for when it's be available for viewing (with a small donation) on the History Center's website, if only because things are a little out of my hands at the moment. However, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking August 19th. Why, you ask? Well, I answer, that's the day I was supposed to give my “The Greasier the Spoon” walking tour, and since that's not happening, either, maybe we can at least do something on that date. But like I said. It's out of my hands. I'm just waiting on getting what I need.

And yes, I've already been asked if I'll be making a video version of “Greasier”. I have no idea. That's kind of like asking a woman who's going through labor if she'll be having another child shortly.

Assuming I get the drone footage soon you guys may have a trailer to look at by the end of the week. And from there?

Well, then I'll be able to get it finished. And that's the important thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment