Thursday, August 13, 2020

Thursday, 8/13

 Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in again.

Tuesday night I rejoiced, as I finished editing my “Third Street: Day & Night” video. While the music isn't done yet, the hard part was finished, and I was even able to send a low resolution version to people to get their opinions. After six weeks of work here and there, I thought I was done.

Oops.

Yesterday morning I received a call from the History Center informing me that a gentleman from downstate had some pictures he'd like to give me. They were pictures of a grocery store that I devote a little time to in the video, yet don't actually have a picture of it. I had to use newspaper & yearbook ads as visuals when talking about it. So there was no way I could say 'no”, because they'll make the video better.

Of course, it means that I have to re-edit an entire segment, but what are you gonna do, right?

One of the things I've noticed putting the whole documentary together is that I seem to be a real perfectionist. I can't tell you the number of times I wasn't happy with an edit or a transition or the placement of a picture, and redid a bunch of work just to make sure it was the way I wanted. I'm guessing 99.9 percent of people wouldn't even notice the difference between the two, but as we all know I've never been among the 99.9 percent, so some segments were edited over and over.

Just like the segment on grocery stores will now be.

Hopefully, these will be the last edits, as I really have to master it and get it on the History Center's website so people can start buying it Wednesday. Hopefully, no one else will bring in amazing pictures that I've never seen, and hopefully, I can actually think about something else for a bit.

Hopefully. But the way I've been getting dragged in and out of this project I', thinking not.

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment