Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Tuesday, 5/26


Well, “Operation Stimulus List” has gotten off to a fine start.

If you've been reading this for a while you know that I have a list of things that I was planning on buying from locally-owned stores. I'm actually using my stimulus check (or, more accurately, my stimulus direct deposit) for the purpose for which is was intended, to stimulate the economy. So this weekend I masked up and ventured into a few local stores that were open, which means that I now have a bunch of teas and a new tea kettle, a pillow or two, a 6-pack of Blackrock's Honey Lav, and this--



Say “hello” to my little friend!

Loraine and I have been looking at the cow in the window of Yooper Casual for a couple of weeks now, and we both knew it was going on my list from the moment I saw it. Yes, I know I have other stuffed cows, but how many of them have purple spots on them? Or rattle when you shake them?

Yes, I know I need help. What's your point?

8-)

I didn't get everything on the list; after all, not all the stores were comfortable with opening yet. And that's cool. I think a lot of people were using this past weekend to gauge how things were going and whether or not they felt ready to go. Some were. Some weren't. And that's alright. If we've waited nine weeks to buy something already, what's another week or two or four?

At least that's what I'm thinking.

So that's one project that's gotten underway. Another yearly project is ramping up, too--



I'm thinking I'd better get my nose in shape, and quite soon, too!

(jim@wmqt.com), lover of lilacs. And cows.


No comments:

Post a Comment