Monday, May 4, 2020

Monday, 5/4


I think Farrah Fawcett would be proud of me.

It has now been nine weeks (to the day) since my hair was cut. I usually go five or so weeks between cuts; maybe six, if I'm really busy. If I do go six I usually end up making fun of myself because my hair starts to do weird things. Well, here we are now, three weeks past even THAT date, and my hair is starting to do things not seen since 70s TV stars bounced across the small screen.

Yippee.

When my hair gets a little too long it starts to develop a life of its own. Underneath it gets wavy, and on top it starts to curl and (most importantly) feather. Four and a half decades ago people paid big bucks to have feathered hair; all I have to do is not get it cut for nine weeks.

Not only, but my hair grows at different speeds depending where upon my head it sits. I don't know if this happens to everyone or if I'm just a freak (I'm guessing the latter), but the hair on the left side of my head grows faster than the hair on the right side, while the hair on the right back of my head grows faster than the hair on the left back. So, aside from having feathered hair, my head now also resembles a lopsided anvil.

Like I don't have enough problems as it is, right?

I guess I shouldn't complain. At least I still have hair, gray as parts of it may be. I could be like my little brother, who doesn't have to worry about his hair feathering and his head looking like an anvil because, you know, he lost his hair years ago. And who knows—maybe if it keeps growing for a few more weeks I'll start looking less like Farrah Fawcett and more like, say Jim Morrison. I highly doubt that'll happen; odds are, I'll look more like Cousin Itt from “The Addams Family” than anything. But a boy can dream, right?

Right?

8-)



No comments:

Post a Comment