Friday, May 22, 2020

Friday, 5/22


I think I'm ready for the holiday weekend. I just don't know if the lilacs are.



Memorial Day weekend is usually when the lilacs start to pop out around here, give or take a couple of days (or weeks). But because the holiday is early this year and because it's been kinda chilly recently, I'm not surprised they're not out yet. They're usually a couple of weeks the lilacs behind downstate, and this was a picture my sister-in-law (hi, Melanie!) sent a few days ago--



So while we have proto-buds, I guess I won't be doing a lot of sniffing this weekend. Oh well...

The one thing I am looking forward to is actually having a few days off. I know I've written in here about just how, well, absurdly insane the past few months have been, not just for me, but for everyone. And to have three days when (hopefully) nothing happens and a person can just chill?

Heaven on Earth. Not quite the Heaven on Earth we'd have if the lilacs had sprouted, but this year, it might just be enough.

Have yourself a great weekend. Stay safe. Make sure you wear your mask if you venture out into our partially reopened world!!


No comments:

Post a Comment