Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Wednesday, 5/11

I received a note yesterday from a listener who moved out of state but obviously still thinks of us. I'll let you ready it, and maybe you can make a suggestion to help someone out.

Said the note--

I'm reaching out because there is a disabled man who lives on Oakbrook Drive in Harvey who's metal roof came off his home yesterday due to the high winds and storm you had. He has no family left, his brother who was living with him had a stroke and passed away last year. His name is Tracy and he is physically handicapped.. His neighbor lady who has been checking in on him has called all of the agencies and there is no one to help get this man's roof repaired. 

He desperately needs the help of the people in Marquette. I used to live in that neighborhood where he resides but I now live in Wisconsin. My parents are in their late 70s and told me what happened. Most of the people in that neighborhood are elderly or on limited income so they are not able to provide manual or monetary help. Tracy is in his 50s with use of only one of his arms and has NO family to help and no money to get his roof repaired. I don't even know how he is getting his meals from day to day.”

So...if you have a thought on who might be able to help or if you'd like to do so yourself, just let me know and I'll pass the word along.

Thanks!

*****

Finally, wanna see how much difference a few warm days make?



Not this weekend but next we're going downstate to visit daily blog readers Betsy & Floyd of Reese, and wondering if they'll be ready to greet us when we get back.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment