Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Tuesday, 5/24

An hour or so later and we would have been smack dab in the middle of it.

First of all, we’re back from our little extended weekend getaway to see Loraine’s family. A good time was had by all, especially the dork who saw these awaiting him when pulling into Reese–



I’m easy to make happy. What can I say?

That picture as taken Friday afternoon, a couple of hours after we had driven through Gaylord and approximately right as a tornado tore through the town, killing two and injuring almost 50 others. It’s weird; when we drove through the sun was shining and things looked calm & peaceful.

It’s rather strange to think that just a few hours later all hell would break loose. Guess it’s a good thing we weren’t running late Friday, right?

Believe it or not, I really didn’t take any pictures down there, so I don’t have many to share with you. I did bring a camera, but in what may be a first for me I didn’t even take it out of the bag. We had so much that needed to be taken care of (everything from a trip to Aldi to watching our team, RB Leipzig, win the German national championship in overtime & penalty kicks (while playing a man down)) that Loraine & I didn’t even get to take our usual stroll through her home town.

However, I did get to make sure that I got a shot (albeit out of the car window and with a phone camera) of The Awesome Flatness of Reese–



Of course, the picture really doesn’t do it justice. But it gives you an idea of just how flat it is. And that’s really, really flat!

Now it’s back to a short week leading into another long weekend. And who knows? Maybe it’ll also be the second long weekend in a row where I get to sniff lilacs.  Here's what they were like on my walk to work this morning--



I’m just saying…

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment