Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday, 5/13 (!)

Really? Those two names?

I don't know if you've seen this yet, but Time magazine has a cute little feature on their website that allows you to see what your name would be if you were born today.

How does it do it? Well, it determines the popularity of your name the year you were born. For instance, the year I was born, “James” was the third most popular name for a baby boy. So it takes where your name ranked in popularity and then extrapolates to 2022, because the Social Security people just released their list of the most popular baby names of the year. So, if I was born last year and still had been given the third most popular name of the year, I would no longer be “Jim”.

Nope. My name would be Oliver. You know—like nerdy cousin who made “The Brady Bunch” jump the shark.

Of course, Loraine had a much bigger laugh than did I. The year she was born her name was the 607th most popular girl's name, so if she had been born last year and was still given the girl's name that ranked 607, her name would've been Ellianna. Yes, Ellianna.

Oliver & Ellianna. Well, I guess we now know our names if we ever need to go undercover or something!

****

Finally, here's what an 86-degree day (well, 86 until it dropped to 61 in the span of half an hour) did yesterday!



(jim@wmqt.com) (aka Oliver)

No comments:

Post a Comment