Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Tuesday, 2/9

 Really, Tom Brady? Really?

As you may recall, I wrote yesterday's blog before finding out the score of Sunday's Super Bowl. As soon as I posted the blog I checked the score and had to fight temptation all day long to update it with all sorts of language that I'm sure wouldn't be acceptable in a forum such as this.

You're welcome.

8-)

All I can say is that I'm glad we followed Loraine's plan and didn't watch the game live. I don't know that I would have made it out alive. And I'm quite sure that I missed absolutely nothing by scanning through the game on my DVR and just watching the commercials and The Weeknd. That way I saved myself three and a half hours of screaming, sighing, and the development of an ulcer. So I'm cool with that.

(And for those of you who don't know about my...antipathy for Tom Brady, just realize I'm a Colts fan, and most of the 00's and the teens were a nightmare. That's all I'm going to say about that).

I watched the good parts last night. As far as The Weeknd's show, I was quite impressed. I've discovered that's not a popular opinion with anyone who's over, say, 40 and doesn't know his music, but I am (familiar with his music, that it). I think he did a great job, and the production values for the entire bit just blew me away. I would have to put it in the top ten of Super Bowl halftimes shows of all time. Admittedly, the bar has been set kind of low for a goo pd halftime show, but I quite enjoyed it.

As for the commercials? Will Ferrell was funny. The dude who sang in the Oatly commercial must live in a state where weed is legal. And Jeep?

Really, Jeep? Forget something in your map?



Now if only they'd forgotten to put Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. If only...

(jim@wmqt.com), now with nothing football-related to complain about until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment