Thursday, February 11, 2021

Thursday, 2/11

 Maybe it'll actually work out.

I'm taking the day off tomorrow in a vain attempt to use up all the vacation time I've accumulated in the last two years. As you know, I'm not the kind of person to take time off during the winter, but I did take a day last month to see if I could get some skiing or snowshoeing in. Of course, it was forty and rainy that day, which means I could do neither, but we'll give it a try again tomorrow.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Earlier this week I was highly doubtful I would get to do either activity. There is a lack of major snow on the ground around here and the temperature's been averaging 30,000 below zero all week. However, Friday the high is supposed to be 13, and there's a 50% chance of a couple of inches of fresh snow by then, which means that if I was really desperate I could bundle up and see if I could glide my cross-country skis across it without breaking any bones.

And perhaps I really AM that desperate.

We'll see how it goes. If the wind chill's too bad I can just stay inside and play with my new video editing program. If there is no new snow I could just bundle up & run, or just choose to take the day off and rest my weary muscles. I'm cool either way. In fact, the only way I'm NOT cool is that I just realized I just wrote a paragraph that basically says I'm looking forward to snow.

This past year really HAS affected us in strange ways, hasn't it?

8-)

So wish me luck. I have no idea what I'll be doing tomorrow, but the important thing is that I won't be doing it at work. I'll be giving myself a three day weekend. Sadly, that means no blog tomorrow and just a bunch of “best of” stuff on the air. But let me reiterate something--

I have a three day weekend. And that's all that matters.

Have a good two or three or how ever many days your weekend is, as well!

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment