Monday, February 8, 2021

Monday, 2/8

 As I write this, I have no idea who won.

I know; weird, isn't it? The Super Bowl finished 10 or so hours ago, and I have no idea who won. I've been studiously avoiding social media before writing this, just so I could write something about how, once again because my football bete noire was playing in it, I didn't watch the game and couldn't tell you (at this moment) if Tom Brady once again ripped my heart out or (less likely) how Kansas City broke both of his legs while America stood up to cheer.

I'm guessing it'll be the former, but a boy can dream, right?

Instead of watching the game Loraine and I followed the fool-proof plan she came up with a few years ago, maybe even the last time Brady was in the Super Bowl and I spent too much time complaining about it. We made ourselves a pizza and ate while watching a couple of “Star Wars” movies. There was no heartache involved, no gnashing of teeth nor rendering of garments.

There was even a little laughter, which NEVER occurs when Tom Brady is in the Super Bowl.

I did DVR the game, though, and I'll check it out tonight. That way, if Tom Brady ripped my heart out I can scan through that part and watch the commercials and The Weeknd. And if Kansas City broke both of his legs while America stood up & cheered?

Well, my DVR has a slow-motion function on it. I can watch it happen over and over and over again. And I can watch the commercials and The Weeknd. That would be a GREAT way to spend a Monday night.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment