Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday, 2/19

Look! Absolutely nothing about “Hong Kong Phooey”. Unless, of course, you consider THAT a mention about “Hong Kong Phooey”, in which case I broke my promise of yesterday, but other than that, absolutely nothing about “Hong Kong Phooey”.

Or, uhm, something like that.

Anyway, a century or so ago I promised a story about writing; specifically, how sometimes things just pop into your head and there's nothing you can do except channel it into whatever medium you use. Case in point--

I woke up around 8 Tuesday morning, and had an idea that just seemed to have come out of nowhere. While I was working out I wrote it in my head. While I was eating breakfast I found pictures for it. When I got to work I recorded the audio for it, then edited it. And just a little over two hours after I woke up with an idea that seemed to have come out of nowhere I had this video posted--




This is not the first time an idea has popped into my head fully formed, and I'm hopeful it won't be the last. As always, I'm somewhat baffled by the creative process, and why it seems to choose the dorkiest people out of which to flow. I'm just thankful that, for whatever reason, I'm one of its spigots.

8-)

Have yourself a great weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment