Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Wednesday, 3/7


Does the fun ever end when Mr. Sunflower's involved?

I think I've spoken about Mr. Sunflower in here before; he's our station Facebook mascot, one I started putting in posts when I realized that having him in there increased (for whatever reason) the number of people who see our posts. Over the years Mr. Sunflower the the cast of characters surrounding him (and yes, there is a cast of characters surrounding him) have provided countless additional “likes” and impressions for us.

So thank you, Mr. Sunflower.

Someone asked me where I get the pictures we post of him, and as you can probably guess I take 'em all. In fact, the ones I've been using over the past few months were all taken one Saturday last October when it was it was 80-some degrees. Because I'm me I went out with my camera, walked around part of the east side of Marquette, and snapped away. I took so many pictures that day, in fact, that I'm still set through the next few months.

Go figure.

Anyway, since it's yucky out today I thought I'd put a little sunshine in your life with some of the pictures we've been posting through the winter. We'd shared pictures of Mr. Sunflower's new ID badge from work--



His attempts at a new hairstyle for the new year--





He and his best friend Mr Bee--



And even a rare picture of Mr. Sunflower and his ex-fiancee, a picture that accompanied the shocking news that the two of then used to be Olympic ice dancers--




Still to come, some day? The story of how they broke up. I don't want to give away too many details; let's just say it involved a bottle of wine, a warm evening, and a pole vaulter from Estonia. And that's all I'm gonna say for now.

Finally, we've recently been featuring Mr. Sunflower and his other friend Ms. Butterfly as they've started training for a co-ed team marathon--



We expect great things from the two of them in the next few months. In fact, I'll even throw in a sneak peak at the shot we'll be sharing with our Facebook fans next week of the two of them training--



That's a Mr. Sunflower picture no one's yet seen!

If you wanna follow along with his adventures throughout the year, just make sure you're a fan of our station Facebook page. I, meanwhile, should get going, as I'm about to tape the final episodes of “High School Bowl” for the season. Spoiler-free details on how that went tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment