Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tuesday, 3/27


I can't believe that it had been three months. Really, I can't.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I took a camera out over the weekend. And when I first turned it on and the battery had gone dead, I knew that it had been a while since I had even powered the stupid thing up. Once I switched to the backup battery I have (itself with only half of its charge left) I came to the realization that I had not yet once during 2018 taken it out of its bag. In fact, the last picture I took was on December 30th, and it was (ahem) a picture of a bunch of chocolate Loraine and I bought at Donckers with a gift card someone gave us for Christmas.

It's been three months since I even thought of taking a picture with a (non-phone) camera. What the heck's wrong with me?

(That's a rhetorical question, by the way, even though I'm quite positive many answers have already popped into your head).

So I took the camera out and wandered around the Lower Harbor area for a while. I wasn't disappointed by what I saw. Now, I don't want to bore you with a ton of pictures, so let me share three that have some weird meaning or that spoke to me, for some strange reason. The first is a shot up Spring Street from the harbor bike path, a shot that gives you a slightly different perspective on the next block of Spring Street--





As I wrote when I posted this on Facebook, it amazes me that even though you think you've seen every single thing in Marquette, there are still moments when you (or at least I) see them from a different perspective, see them in an entirely different way.

Who knew?

The second picture is a slightly disgusting one, so consider this your warning to look away for a bit. You know how I occasionally complain about the dog across the street, the dog whose owners leave it out from 7 in the morning until 11 at night, where it's ignored and left to bark the day away? Well, apparently there's something else the owners seem to be ignoring--



And all that is only with half the snow melted. I can't wait to see what their yard looks (and smells like) once all the snow is gone.

Finally, to clear your mind of all thoughts of dog crap, may I present something else I saw (and photographed) Sunday?



There's hope for us all, I guess. I know I'm really thankful that the green, living version of Spring is on its way. The ugly brown version of Spring can go away whenever it wants!


No comments:

Post a Comment