Thursday, March 15, 2018

Thursday, 3/15


I wonder if it's time for another update?

I woke up on the middle of the night last night with a strange thought in my head. It wasn't a bad thought, like “I'm gonna die some day”, nor was it a good thought, along the lines of “I wonder if I should've eaten more pie I should have for Pi Day yesterday?” Nope; instead, it was the thought that it's been almost three years since I updated “107 Things to Love About Marquette County”and I should probably check to see if it needs to be updated.

I know. I have boring things that keep me up in the middle of the night, don't I?

Since my brain apparently thought it was important I did check, and in the three years since I last updated it five things or people on the list no longer exist, while another four need to be changed because the circumstances around them are different. That's nine things out of 107, or about eight percent of the entire list, so I'm not quite sure why, but my subconscious brain may have been onto something when it woke me up last night.

Yay.

As I always mention when I write the list, it is a highly subjective thing. It's based on the places I go, the people I know, and the things I like. But every time I do an update (and I think I've done four so far, after originally writing it in 2000) I always solicit input from other people. After all, Marquette County is an amazing place, and I don't have the time (or the interest, I guess) to do everything there is to do. I have my own little corner of it, and I depend upon other people to fill me in on what goes on in all the other little corners.

So, if you get so incredibly bored that even watching the paint dry on your wall no longer holds a thrill, check out the list. See if there's something not on there you think should be on there. Then, if I update it sometime in the next month or so, I can add it, and even give you credit for pointing it out to me.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment