Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Wednesday, 10/25

Now I'm going to be really confused.

As I think I've written about in here before, it's interesting working in TV, especially on a show like “High School Bowl”. Despite what some people think (and some people, actually, think we do the show live on Saturday nights) we don't always shoot the episodes in any kind of order. Often, like we did last week, we shoot different halves of two different shows in one day. That's always a blast as the host (and that would be me) has to make sure the clothes being worn match so that I'm not wearing a black shirt in the first half of a show and a green one in the second.

That's why I'm thinking Friday might be a challenge.

Let me explain—Friday we're shooting the second half of the second show we shot last week. We're also shooting the first half of a new show. And to top it off, we've had a team drop out, which means we don't have a second half of the first show we shot last week yet I have to shoot a new close for the show, which means that Friday I get to wear three different outfits to shoot parts of three different shows.

See where there might be a little confusion?

Thankfully, I do have my chart to consult. If you recall, before we start shooting for the season, I make a list of what to wear for every show. I do it mostly to make sure I'm wearing a different color scheme each week, and I do it so that I literally don't have to think about what to wear the night before we tape. I just look at the list and I'm ready to go. And while I didn't intend it this way, it's also become invaluable for those weeks when we're shooting parts of two different shows, just so I can keep track of which tie and jacket goes with which show.

Or, in the case of this Friday, three different ties & jackets.

I'm pretty sure that people who don't do TV don't realize some of the bizarre things you have to do to make it work, but that list of mine is just one. And it's a good thing I have it for this week. After all, given the way things go some days...

You may have ended up watching a show where I start with a purple tie and end with an orange one. And no one wants to see that.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment