Friday, October 27, 2023

Friday, 10/27

Rain, rain, go away. Come again...

Well, never. Come again never. That would be fine with me.

Maybe this is just an early case of Seasonal Affliction Disorder talking, but the three weeks of (mostly) rain and cold temperatures we've been experiencing can go away and not come back. In fact, it's almost enough, in fact, to make one wish one were a duck.



Although I'm thinking that, by this point, even a duck would be sick of the stuff.

It's all made even worse, of course, by the cold that's accompanied the rain. Even on those rare days when the sun was out, like last Sunday, temperatures were stuck in the 40s. In fact, for the month, I think we're something like over 10 degrees BELOW our normal highs, and that's with that 88 degree day on October 2nd. Perhaps the worst is that this isn't a widespread thing. Wednesday, when it was rainy & 43 in Marquette, it was 80 and sunny downstate.

80 and sunny just a few hours away. I'm starting to think Mother Nature is REALLY pissed at something we did this year, although I can't for the life of me figure out what it was.

I know; the intelligent among you are ready to tell me that there's nothing we can do about the weather, and you're absolutely right about that. Complaining about it doesn't change it or fix it. It's not like if I yell loud enough I'll create a pressure wave strong enough to move the blocking system that's been causing us to have this wet & cold weather. I know that.

It's just that I think I'm at the end of my rope.

So I'll wrap this up with two thoughts. First of all, thanks for letting me blow off a little steam. I appreciate it. Secondly, I know that I don't like “typical” fall weather. But if we ever DO get a day where it's sunny but a little crisp outside, I will embrace it with all the gusto I usually reserve for an 80 degree summer day. I promise you that.

I don't know if we'll be getting one any time soon, but if we do, you have my word. And while you're at it, have a great weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment