Monday, October 23, 2023

Monday, 10/23

I don't know how I'm gonna handle this tragedy.

First of all, hope you had a great weekend. I went to the premiere of a documentary in which I'm a talking head, I got to hang out with my favorite (soon to be) 7 year old in the world, played soccer with my girlfriend, baked some stuff so my girlfriend could take it to work for a potluck Tuesday, and got to write what should be an interesting piece for TV tonight (more on that tomorrow).

So I had a fun weekend. I also got some bad news, as well.

Every so often Loraine and I head to German Shop 24, a place that sells many of our favorite chocolate bars, cereal, and teas from Germany. We last ordered stuff in February or March, which means we're starting to run out, which means we're thinking about what we want to order again. As I was going through my list, and making sure they have everything, I discovered something that shocked me to my core--

They're no longer making my favorite cereal in the whole world.



Yes, my favorite cereal in the world is German. What's your point? I mean, it has chocolate, cherries, crispy thingees, oat flakes, and I love every single bite of it. Or, rather, I LOVED every bite. When I couldn't find it on the German Shop website I checked the site of Kolln, the company that makes it, and I found it was no longer listed.

It has, apparently, become a deceased cereal.

That's a bummer. I just finished a box a few weeks ago and, if I had known that it would have been the last time I was ever able to eat the cereal, I would have savored it more. But alas, I did not, and now I'm not able to. I have no idea why they stopped producing the cereal; if there's an expert on German food manufacturers reading this, I'd love to know why. All I know is it seems to have disappeared, never again to grace my taste buds.

Hopefully, I'll recover from the loss.

So hope your weekend was like the good 95% of mine (you know, the movie, the soccer, the hanging out with my favorite soon to be 7 year old), and not the few moments that shook my world to the core.

Sigh...

(jim@wmqt.com), on the lookout for a new favorite cereal in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment