Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday, 10/13 (!)

Well, this should be fun.

I'm about to go off & shoot an episode of “High School Bowl”, and my left ear still isn't working the way it should. Oh, it's better than is has been, as I can actually hear sounds (even if I can't actually “hear” those sounds). But it's getting better, and that's the important thing. Now, as long as I don't have to shout “speak into my good ear” to the students today, we should be all set.

So wish me luck.

Actually, the way the set is set up works to my advantage, as the students are all to my right hand side, which is my “good” ear. So while I'll be able to hear them just fine, my left ear (the current “bad” one) is located in the direction of the monitor, which gives me the audible cues for the start of the game, halftime, and the end of the match. So if you watch this particular episode on November 11th and notice that I blow right through half time or the end of the match, know that I had a reason.

It's not a very good reason, but is IS a reason.

With that in mind, I'm off to TV land. Have yourself a great weekend, and stay dry!!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment