Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Tuesday, 10/17

Okay...even for me, it was a bit goofy.

My “Life in the 906” piece for last night dealt with a unique opportunity for the UP. Like most places, we're always looking for ways to diversify our economy, and I came with what I think is a great plan--

Hallmark movies.

Maybe you should actually watch it first.  So just CLICK OR TAP HERE.  Don't worry; we'll wait for you to watch it.

(This is just waiting for you to watch it).

Now that you've seen it, let me say this.  I don't know why, and I'm really not sure if I should be, but I'm actually kinda proud of this one. It has everything you need in a “906”--a topical need (economic diversification), plus a very Jim-like solution to the problem (Hallmark movies), and a bunch of gags contained within. And I don't think I'm the only one who took a shine to it, as once I announced I was doing the bit last week my 19 News colleagues started texting me fake movie names, while Loraine helped me refine the fake movie graphics that I used.

Sure, it may have been a silly piece, but it was a silly piece that was a group effort!

Of course, with all that input, when I finished the first draft it was twice as long as it should have been. That means a lot of fake movie plots & titles were left out, but never fear. Maybe I'll be sharing them with you in the next few days.

After all, you deserve that, right?

But because the TV monster has an insatiable appetite, I'm already on to next week's segment. I have no idea what it'll be about yet, but I'm pretty sure it WON'T involve Hallmark movie.

Or will it?

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment