Thursday, March 26, 2020

Thursday, 3/26


Much like the vomit story yesterday, I think I've found another upside to this whole Corona Crisis.

I'm getting a lot of work done.

That's a good thing, too, if only because the reason I'm getting a lot of work done is I'm the only one doing it. Because of the shutdown and the collapse of the economy and all the fun stuff going on, I'm the only one at the station each & every day. For nine or ten hours, I'm all alone. I am literally doing everything that needs to be done. So it's a good thing I'm all alone. No one's coming in my office to ask a question, or to have me do something, or to gossip. I can sit down, tackle a project or something that needs to get done right away, and actually do it without interruption. I can devote my attention to it, and make sure it's done correctly.

Who knew that was even possible?

Now, I don't want to sound like a curmudgeon or make it sound like I don't like people, because neither of those are true. But you know me—I'm part Vulcan. I like to do things that are, well, logical. And getting interrupted while I'm the middle of something isn't logical. It's also a very inefficient use of time, especially on days when time is in short supply. So to be able to work without someone interpreting me or derailing my train of thought has been a wonder. I'm able to get a lot of things done, and I'm able to get them done quicker than before.

And, like I said, that's a good thing., because I'm having to do much more than I've ever had to.

Tomorrow, the story of how at least one person is spending their time alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment