Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday, 3/27


I don't know if that's the way I'D spent time in self-quarantine, but to each their own, right?

I received a note yesterday from someone who wishes to remain anonymous. She (and I am allowed to use her gender) has heard me talk about these ramblings for years now, but has never actually read them. But because she's off from work, she spent almost the whole day Wednesday reading each and every one of these that are up on our website.

She read all 825 of them. And, from the sounds of it, she's still sane. Who knew that was even possible?

8-)

There are only about four years of blogs up on the site; had she attempted to read all 3,000+ that I've written over the years, I'm sure she would've given up based solely on my quirky syntax and penchant for complaining about the weather. But nope; apparently, four years (minus a few months) is somewhat tolerable, at least if you have a strong stomach. And while this is not probably not a surprise, she said that she enjoyed looking at a lot of the summertime pictures that I've posted over the past few years. They said they remind her of brighter days to come.

And, I guess, that's something that we all need these days.

So if you get really bored stuck at home, I guess reading all 826 (including this entry) blogs that are posted is an option. I don't know that you should read them all at once; after all, I want you to have a little sanity left over. But if you do do that and if you come across one that you particularly enjoyed, let me know.

I'll see if I can crank out more like it.

Have a fairly sane self-isolating weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment