Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thursday, 3/19


It's a precaution I hope we never have to put to use.

First of all, a picture I took while walking to work yesterday--



I think Marquette has that whole “stay inside/social distancing” thing down pat!

Secondly, if you were to walk into our station right now (and actually you couldn't just “walk into” it, as we've kinda locked the door to the public) you'd notice all kinds of cables, microphones, and mixers strewn all over the place. Why, you ask? Well, I answer, we're trying to set something up just in case we'd have to start working from home.

Think of it as a mobile studio, just in case.



That's not everything we'd need, either. A laptop would be involved to control our studio computer, and we're also working on a rig that would actually let me take phone calls and stick them on the air. Like I said before, I don't think we'll ever have to use it. I certainly hope we never have to use.

But just in case, should the order come down, we wanna be ready to go.

*****

Finally, I don't know if you've seen this list, but if you're in Marquette and you want a list of restaurants that are still open for delivery, the great people at Travel Marquette have put one together.  

Now get out there and eat some food!!

8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment