Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Wednesday, 2/27


I think even Phil's ready for the snow to stop--



And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

I have to go run over to Public TV in a bit to tape half an episode of the show (yes, that's what we're reduced to now...shooting half a show at a time when the weather allows). But I do have an observation to share regarding something I saw on my walk home last night.

Oh, you know how I notice strange things everywhere I go? Well, as I was hiking up Front Street last night, marveling at the 82-foot high snow banks, I noticed there was a mattress lying on the other side of the road.

Well, okay, technically it was box spring, but when you see a slightly snow-covered mattress-like object on the side of the road, the first thing (at least if you’re me) that pops into your head is the question “Why is there a mattress on the side of the road”?

So why WAS a mattress on the side of Front Street? And no, don’t answer “It was trying to get to the other side of the road”? (See? I know how some of you think) I can just imagine what words were uttered by whoever lost it when they got to their destination and realized it had fallen out of their vehicle.

It's February 2019, I tell ya. It's trying to kill us. Or, at the very least, drive us insane.



No comments:

Post a Comment