Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Tuesday, 2/5


Is this ever gonna end?

I know it may seem like I enjoy complaining about the weather, but really, I don't. It's not like I enjoy spending all my waking hours cursing the weather and wondering what's coming up next. But that's literally all I've been doing the past 24 hours.

So stop already, Mother Nature!

Yesterday was just a giant clustermunch of weather. It started off with that ice storm that shut down the entire city of Marquette (except those of us who have to work when everyone else can't), then switched into a snow storm, then added the wonderful little bonus of temperatures falling to below zero for most of the area overnight. I mean, is there anything else that can happen?

If you're curious I'm putting my money on a plague of locusts.

I don't know that we should really be surprised by the insane weather of the past week and a half. After all, it IS winter in the U.P., and with the ongoing change of the planet's climate scientists said that weather events would become more and more extreme...like temperatures of 20 below Friday morning followed by a massive ice storm 72 hours later. This is our new normal, apparently. So maybe I have an answer to the question I posed at the beginning of this piece--

Maybe it never WILL end.

To no one's surprised we're also not gonna have a “High School Bowl” taping this morning. Two of the teams are supposed to come from Hurley & Menominee, and I don't blame them at all for not even wanting to try to make it to Marquette. Like I mentioned yesterday I'm not quite sure when we'll be making all of these canceled (and canceled yet again) shows up, but I have the feeling we may end up doing them piecemeal...tape half a show on a Monday morning and the other half on a Wednesday night. At least they'll get done that way.

Assuming, of course, we just don't chuck it all and do those live shows I keep writing about. After all, and somewhat ironically, the only time we seem to have good traveling conditions around here is ON a Saturday night. So who knows.

I look forward to the day when I no longer have to spend this whining about the weather. I'm hoping that day comes sooner rather than later, but I'm enough of a realist to know that may not be realistic.

But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.


(ps--Happy birthday, Syd.  Please send some Florida sun & warmth back to your Uncle Jim!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment