Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thursday, 2/28


Okay, time for a “Proud Uncle Moment” ™. Did you know there's a third family member (other than me & Loraine) currently on the radio? If not, click HERE and listen!

(Go ahead.  I'll wait here for a second while another window opens up and a Soundcloud file appears)

There, you finished?  In case you didn't know, that's my niece Mallory, who's currently joining her mom as part of the deli crew out at Great Lakes Fresh Market in Harvey. My sister was supposed to cut a few spots for the store, but decided to assign Mallory the task, and she stepped up like a pro. I may be a little biased, but I think she knocked it out of the park.

Maybe she can take over MY job some day soon!

Actually, I probably shouldn't be too surprised. When she was younger Mallory would spend an hour or two a week at work with me while her sister took a dance class upstairs, and I would let her do everything from push buttons to asking some of my trivia questions on the air. So it's not like she's never had exposure to a recording environment. Add to that the fact that, like everyone else in her generation, she's spent her entire life around cameras and recording devices, and you end up with the conclusion that being around a microphone is second nature to someone like her.

Apparently, it is. And it makes me proud every time I hear one of her commercials, hence the Proud Uncle Moment ™ I mentioned before.

By the way, another one of the things at which she excels is the “Message Cookie” that she does out at the market. It's basically a huge cookie (or cake, because she's that good) decorated with any kind of message or scene that the person who buys it wants. How good are they? Well, she's had them featured on people's Facebook & Instagram feeds, so that might give you an idea.

She's just multi-talented, that young niece of mine!

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com), proud uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment