Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Wednesday, 12/27

Survive your holidaze okay?

My four day weekend went quite well, thanks for asking. Aside from spending time with family & loved ones and following along on my niece's never-ending quest to leave Marquette during a span where fog canceled flights for five straight days (and counting), we did a lot of things that we usually do and some that, well, we usually CAN'T do.

For instance, the lack of any kind of snow meant that, for the first time ever, we could play soccer on Christmas--



Where we were treated to our very own special holiday gifts all around the pitch--



(And I know wrote about this a few weeks ago, but seriously—the signs all around the field say “No Dogs Allowed”. What part of that don't you understand???)

We went & did some decorating for a few of Loraine's old friends--



I successfully (if I must say so myself) tackled a Greek feast for Christmas Day (Moussaka on the left, Pastitsio on the right).



And then we strolled through snow-free Marquette, where not a creature was stirring--



Well, except for maybe this thing--



Hope your holidays were just as nice. Tomorrow, the story of a note I got on Christmas evening.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment