Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Tuesday, 12/19

I have no idea what I'm going to do for the next two and a half weeks.

First of all, that's a joke. I have PLENTY of things to do over the next two and a half weeks (hello, “Legends & Lore” History Center show at Kaufman in January). But in what is a very rare confluence in my life these days, I don't have to be on TV for two and a half whole weeks.

Hopefully, the world won't stop spinning on its axis.

How did this all come about? Well, “High School Bowl” is on hiatus for the holidays; we'll shoot the next episode on January 5th. And because the next two Mondays are holidays—Christmas & New Year's Day—there won't be newscasts on WZMQ 19, which means that last night's “Life in the 906” was the last one until January 8th.

I don't think I've been off of TV for two and a half weeks since TV Jim sprang into life back in 2014.

I realize that, for “normal” people, that's not too big of a thing. But, as we all know, I'm anything BUT normal. So being TV-free for two and a half weeks means I won't have writing deadlines or show prep for 17 days. That, in and of itself, is strange. Then add to it the fact that I have two days off of my radio job both next week and the week after for the holidays, and I find myself with some serious free time on my hands.

That's a nice concept. It's a very unfamiliar concept, but it's a nice concept.

I haven't devoted too much thought to it yet, as I have all kinds of work I have to do on the radio side to get those radio days off, but there are a lot of things I could tackle over the next two and a half weeks. I will, definitely, put in a LOT of work on “Legends”, seeing as how it's only as month away. Because there's no snow and temperatures are supposed to shoot back into the 40s for the holiday weekend I could go bike riding, or walk along the beach. Or, if I was a responsible adult, I could write a little bit and get ahead a few weeks on my TV projects.

Thankfully, though, I'm not too often a responsible adult.

I'm sure I'll figure it out. Hopefully, I'll have it figured out before the two and a half weeks is up, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. So when you don't see me on TV for the next half a month, remember that it's not the fault of your TV set.

It's just a weird confluence that it worked out that way.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment