Friday, December 22, 2023

Friday, 12/22

Ready yet?

Here we are, heading into the extended holiday weekend, and I'm hoping that you're most (if not all) of the way done with everything that needs to get done. In a way, it's funny—so much work has to go into making sure you “enjoy” the next few days that by the time it's done you need a break from your “break”.

But it's the holidays, so we don't mind, right?

Right?

Surprisingly, I've gotten most of what I need to get done done. At work, everything's programmed and ready to go. In fact, because I only work three days for the next two weeks I'm already working towards New Year's Day. At home, I finished wrapping everything last night, and aside from putting together the (now) traditional Greek feast Loraine and I have on Christmas Day I actually think I'm all set. I don't know that I've ever actually been “set” this early, which makes me think that I've forgotten something, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Speaking of new traditions, I've been babbling on and on about the weather being anything but winter-like around here, and that's opened the possibility for one of those new traditions—Loraine and I playing soccer outside on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. We've been able to do it once or twice on Thanksgiving now, and since the pitches at the Kaufman Sports Complex should be snow-free...why not?

We're looking forward to the possibility. So wish us luck.

Those are my plans; hope yours are equally as interesting. I hope you have a great holiday weekend, however you celebrate. As I mentioned, the company that owns this place gives us two days off, which means I won't be back until Wednesday, so if you're back Tuesday looking for something new, uhm...

It won't be here. But you can always think of it as that last-minute gift you ordered that got stuck in shipping and will be here right after the big day, right?

8-)

Have a Merry Christmas and a great holiday weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment