Monday, December 11, 2023

Monday, 12/11

We found the chocolate in the most improbable of places. Now I can't find it anywhere else..

First of all, hope you had a great weekend. I enjoyed my three day version, although I did have to do TV, write, shop, bake, shop, wrap, and a couple of dozen other holiday-related activities. So, I guess, I probably could have used a fourth day, but that as not to be.

So never mind.

One of the things for which I was trying to shop was a chocolate bar Loraine and I got when we were in Chicago a few months ago. Had we known it was so good, we would have gotten more. But except for the one very bizarre place in which we found it, it doesn't seem to be available in the US.

It's this bar--

It's quite yummy; a dark chocolate bar with a creamy orange filling in it. Believe it or not, it's actually made in Lithuania, which may account for the fact that it's had to find in this country. Except, apparently, unless you're in a Korean grocery store right next to Chicago's Greektown.

Because that's where we found it.

That's right. We picked up this amazing Lithuanian chocolate bar in a Korean grocery store on the outskirts of a Greektown. The store was H-Mart, and when we walked into it last September we had no idea we'd find the bar there, along with Mozart balls from Austria and a couple of other goodies you can't find in this country. Like I said before, if we had know, I would have thrown a bunch of clothes in my carry-on away just so we'd have room for the chocolates,.

Because they're that good.

Since we won't be at a Korean grocery store next to a Greektown any time soon I guess we'll just have to wait for our Lithuanian chocolate. But if you happen to see it around anywhere, yell.

I'd sure love to have some again soon.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment