Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tuesday, 2/7

It's Chicky-poo's birthday again. 

My dad turns another year older today, and while it's not a milestone birthday it IS a semi-milestone birthday, which means that it ends with a "5".  In keeping with the Koski family credo/phobia about age I won't mention what's in front of the 5.  Suffice it to say, if I'm not as young as I used to be then he's definitely not as young as he used to be.

So let's just leave it at that.

My dad will probably spend his birthday doing one of two things.  He'll either be down in Florida terrorizing the pickleball courts or he'll be in South Carolina babysitting my nieces' daughter, his great-grandchild.  That's one thing you can say about my dad--he's never sitting around bored.  He always has something--usually several somethings--to do.

And you wonder where I get that exact same issue?

8-)

As I've mentioned in here before as I get older I see more and more of my dad in me, and not just in the "I can't sit around bored" realm, either.  We both seem stuck with that endearing klutziness that has caused me a fair amount of grief but has landed him, on occasion, in the hospital.  We're both either blessed or cursed with the slightly swarthy Mediterranean complexion that comes from his (believe it or not) Irish ancestors, which means that while others burn we just get really really tan.  And, as I've noticed recently, I find myself copying certain facial expressions of his while exasperated.

And, as we all know, I've been exasperated a lot recently, which is probably why I've noticed it.

But in the end, you know what?  I'm fine with that.  I hit the dad jackpot, and whether the grand prize was the klutziness or the facial expressions or something I have yet to discover, that's cool.  I'm the winner in this whole thing.  And why?

Well, it's because I have the greatest dad in the world.

Happy Birthday, Chicky-poo!!!!!!

Love,

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment