Friday, February 24, 2023

Friday, 2/24

Okay...it can stop now.

Actually, the snow does seemed to have stopped, at least looking out my kitchen window (from where I'm writing this). I went out running a little while ago, and was greeted by some flakes of, I'm guessing, the lake effect variety, but at least for a few minutes we're okay.

So keep your fingers crossed.

I just checked, and it looks as if we received 10 inches here in downtown Marquette, but double that at the National Weather Service. While that's not storm of the century snow, as one person had cautioned a few days ago, it is a big pain in the butt, especially since we had lost of most of our snow cover last week.

But...it's back. And to, uhm, not celebrate but to acknowledge that fact, I get to drag my snowshoes out this weekend and use them for the whole second time this year. So I guess something good came out of all of this.

8-)

Actually, I may use them a third time, as well, as I'm taking Monday off, at least from this job. I have to shoot the High School Bowl “Year in Review” show and do my other TV gig, but I may have a window of a few hours to snowshoe for a third time this year.

Unless, of course, the rain that's in the forecast for Tuesday shows up a day early.

That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it. Back with something new on Tuesday. In the meantime, have a great weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment